8 Japanese Long Tom eggplant
1/2 White Welsh Nebuka Onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
2 tsp curry powder
4 tbsp wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves or Italian parsley
- Wash tomatoes and blend to puree.
- Trim and wash eggplants. Make a few shallow cuts about 1/2cm deep into eggplants.
- Peel and chop onion and garlic.
- Brush a wide frying pan with oil and gently fry onion, garlic and fennel seeds for 2 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and cook for about 30 secs before adding tomato puree. Stir well.
- Add breadcrumbs and eggplant. Toss well, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, turning eggplant over a couple of times during cooking.
- Cook until eggplant is tender. Serve sprinkled with coriander or parsley.