2 medium Thai eggplants
2 tbs oil
3 spring onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbs soft brown sugar
2 tbs golden mountain sauce
1 cup Chinese cabbage or Yukina Savoy
2 tbs lime juice
2 tsp fish sauce
1 chilli, finely sliced
- Slice eggplants and cut the slices into small wedges. Heat oil in wok or large frying pan. Add onions and garlic and stir for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add sugar and eggplant to wok, and stir fry for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Add golden mountain sauce, cabbage or savoy and lime juice to wok.
- Toss well and cover to steam for 30 seconds or until cabbage softens slightly.
- Add the fish sauce, toss and serve immediately. Sprinkle with the sliced chilli.
Thai eggplants are purple or striped purple and white, and range from tiny pea-size to golf ball size, to small zucchini size. Any type may be used, just alter cooking time accordingly.
Golden mountain sauce is available at Asian stores.