1 kg fresh Chinese broccoli
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 red capsicums, cut in narrow strips
4 cups mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
2 dried hot red chilli, crushed or 1 tsp red chilli flakes
500g rare roast beef, cut into strips
1 can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
1 can bamboo shoots, drained
- Wash broccoli. Cut off the florets and cut the stalks into 1/2cm thick slices.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Add broccoli stalks and stir fry for one minute.
- Add the broccoli florets, and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until slightly tender but still crisp.
- Transfer the broccoli to large bowl.
- Stir fry the red capsicum strips for 1 or 2 minutes. Add to broccolli.
- Stir fry the mushrooms until tender. Add to the broccoli.
- Combine the vinegar, soy sauce, salt and crushed chilli in a small bowl.
- Pour over broccoli mixture and toss well.
- Add beef, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots. Toss.
- Chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.