10-12 stalks Chinese broccoli
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tbsp. wine
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. cornstarch
- Boil a pot of water. Wash the broccoli and trim off the ends. Chop the garlic.
- When the water reaches boiling, blanch the broccoli for approximately 4 minutes until just cooked but still slightly crisp.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Drain the broccoli and set it aside.
- In a wok or skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil and stir fry the garlic until it turns translucent.
- Add the cooked broccoli and the sauce ingredients.
- Cook until the sauce thickens, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with hot rice or noodles.