English Name: ZUCCHINI ‘GOLD RUSH’
Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo var. melopepo
- Gourmet deep golden fruit.
- This zucchini fruits early in the season.
- A very high yielding plant.
- An annual plant.
- Harvest the fruit when they are young. For extra interest, leave the flowers attached to the fruit.
- Make sure the fruit has firm glossy skin and good colour when picking.
- Good soil preparation using organic matter and pre-planting fertiliser, will see the plants through to the flowering stage.
- After flowering begins, scatter a mixed fertiliser around the base of the plants.
- Repeat the fertilising every 4 to 5 weeks while the plants are fruiting.
- Remove any damaged or sick leaves and fruit.
- Keep moist, especially in dry weather.
- The flowers can be used in Tempura.
- Highly versatile vegetable for use in all dishes.
- Use unpeeled, sliced or halved or cut into strips.
- Great for use in salads, stir-fries and soups.
- Good to boil, steam, bake or eat raw.