English Name: WHITE WELSH ONION
Asian Name: nebuka
Latin Name: Allium fistulosum
- Nebuka has a thickened and fleshy leaf that is similar to spring onion.
- Easy to grow.
- A perennial to 30cm.
- Nebuka has a delicious mild flavour.
- It is suitable to grow in pots.
- Harvest the tops continuously as ‘cut and come again’.
- It is possible to also pick the whole stem.
- Add composted organic matter before planting.
- Prefers well-drained, sandy loam.
- Plant in a full sun position.
- Only water lightly – be careful not to over water.
- The white welsh onion prefers neutral to slightly alkaline soils (6.5 – 7.5).
- Use the thick leaves and leaf bases as a vegetable herb.
- Great for use in stir-fries, salads and cooking.
- Good for soups, omelettes and onion pancakes.