English Name: Oriental Leaf Cabbage
Asian Name: choho
Latin Name: Brassica campestris narinosa
- Choho has a growth habit that resembles the growth habit of a very upright, round-leafed spinach.
- Small, dark green leaves that are paddle-shaped.
- It has a flavour like a crisp, sweet cabbage.
- It is an easy to grow annual.
- Harvest the leaves at the Baby Leaf stage.
- Full size is approximately 25 days from sowing.
- Enrich the soil with organic matter before planting.
- Fertilise regularly.
- Water regularly, particularly in dry weather.
- Use the leaves in stir-fries and for use in Japanese cooking.
- Can also be pickled.