English Name: ORIENTAL CUCUMBER
Asian Name: soo yoh
Latin Name: Cucumis sativus
- A sweet flavoured (non-bitter), dark green, high-spined and ribbed skinned cucumber.
- The fruit grows to 25cm long.
- Annual vine that has a spread of 2m.
- Regular harvest will ensure higher production.
- Harvest the fruit when they are big enough for eating.
- Allow the soil to dry between waterings.
- Plant in full sun.
- Add lime to the soil before planting.
- Great for salads, pickling and in sandwiches.
- Perfect in Raita.
- Cucumbers can also be boiled, steamed or baked with a filling.