English Name: NON-HEADING CHINESE CABBAGE
Asian Name: yukina savoy
Latin Name: Brassica juncea
- Yukina Savoy has dark green, glossy leaves that are both edible and decorative.
- It is an annual that grows to 40cm in height.
- It has a tangier taste than spinach.
- Yukina Savoy is tolerant to heat and cold.
- Continuous harvest plant. Remove the individual outer leaves and leave the smaller leaves to grow, continually removing the outer leaves as the plant grows.
- Harvest the leaves for salads at the Baby Leaf stage.
- Cut the plant at the base for full size bunches.
- Plant in full sun or part shade.
- They prefer fertile soil with organic matter added.
- Give plants regular watering.
- Use young, tender leaves fresh in salads.
- It can be cooked like spinach.
- Can be sauted, steamed or stir-fried.
- Use like cabbage in coleslaw.