English Name: CAPSICUM ‘YELLOW BANANA’
Latin Name: Capsicum annum
- Fruit ripens from a pale yellow to yellow flushed with red and then to bright red.
- A prolific yielder of fruit up to 15cm long.
- An annual that grows to 60cm in height.
- A fruit with excellent flavour.
- Suitable for pots.
- The fruit can be picked at any stage, there is no need to wait until it reaches full size.
- Frequent harvesting will encourage more fruiting.
- Harvest when the skin is glossy and smooth.
- Cut the stems instead of pulling the fruit off to avoid damaging the plants.
- Start picking fruit earlyfor a higher productivity.
- Prefers well-drained sandy loam.
- Plant in a full sun position.
- After flowering has begun, use a mixed fertiliser as a side dressing every 4 to 5 weeks while the plants are fruiting.
- Regular water is necessary, especially in dry weather.
- If the plant is exposed to wind or is heavy with fruit, it may be best to stake it.
- Good to use in sandwiches.
- Great for frying and pickling.
- Can also be dried or stuffed.
- Ideal for Thai dishes.