English Name: CAPSICUM ‘ORANGE SUN’
Latin Name: Capsicum annum
- Medium sized green fruit that will ripen to a glowing orange.
- The fruit has a fruity, sweet flavour.
- The plants are compact, but given fertile growing conditions, will produce good quantities of fruit.
- An annual to a height of 60cm.
- Suitable for pots.
- The fruit can be picked at any stage, there is no need to wait until it reaches full size.
- Frequent harvesting will encourage more fruiting.
- Harvest when the skin is glossy and smooth.
- Cut the stems instead of pulling the fruit off to avoid damaging the plants.
- Start picking fruit early for a higher productivity.
- Prefers well-drained sandy loam in a full sun position.
- After flowering has begun, use a mixed fertiliser as a side dressing every 4 to 5 weeks while the plants are fruiting.
- Regular water is necessary, especially in dry weather.
- If the plant is exposed to wind or is heavy with fruit, it may be best to stake it.
- Great to eat raw in salads.
- Can use in stir-fries, roasted or stuffed.
- Perfect to add flavour to soups and casseroles.