English Name: CAPSICUM ‘CALIFORNIA WONDER’
Latin Name: Capsicum annum
- Thick walled fruit that matures from green to red.
- The fruit have a crisp, sweet flavour.
- An annual plant to a height of 60cm.
- Suitable to grow in pots or garden beds.
- The fruit can be picked at any stage, there is no need to wait until it reaches full size. The fruit will develop from green through to red.
- Harvest when the skin is glossy and smooth and frequent harvesting will encourage more fruiting.
- Cut the stems instead of pulling the fruit off to avoid damaging the plants.
- Start picking fruit early for a higher productivity.
- Prefers well-drained, sandy loam in a full sun position.
- After flowering has begun, use a mixed fertiliser as a side dressing every 4 to 5 weeks while the plants are fruiting.
- Regular water is necessary, especially in dry weather, in order to form lush, healthy fruit.
- If the plant is exposed to wind or is heavy with fruit, it may be best to stake it.
- Great to eat raw in salads.
- Can use in stir-fries, roasted or stuffed.
- Perfect to add flavour to soups and casseroles.