English Name: SNOW PEA DWARF
Asian Name: tian cui wan dou, kinusaya, shid dou
Latin Name: Pisum sativum var. macrocarpon
- A dwarf bush that produces tasty, edible pods up to 10cm long.
- The pods are tender, crispy and sweet in texture and taste.
- An annual plant that grows to a height of 90cm.
- Harvest when the peas start to show through the pods but the pods are still flat.
- Pick every few days for high quality and to encourage and prolong the flowering period.
- Peas in the pod will keep well in the crisper section of a refrigerator for a week or two.
- Fertilise only until flowering.
- Make sure the soil has good drainage and is friable and well structured by adding organic matter.
- If the tendrils of dwarf plants are able to cling to brush, twigs or wire netting, the plants will yield better.
- Grow peas in a full sun position.
- Water regularly, especially in dry weather.
- The peas are good to use in salads and stir-fries.
- Peas are great to be steamed or sauted.
- Can use the tendrils as a garnish.